Japan is famous for its four distinct and breathtaking seasons. As temperatures drop after the scorching summer, the colours of the leaves change into vibrant shades of orange, red, yellow, and brown. It’s a magnificent sight which has inspired artists and poets for centuries.
In Japan, this natural phenomenon is called momiji (meaning red leaf). Momiji gari (red leaf hunting) is the search for the most striking shades of leaf.
- Return Economy Class fares on Singapore Airlines including ticket taxes (Business Class upgrade available upon request).
- Travel from Perth with your Alpha Travel escort.
- Spend 14 nights in Japan staying at quality hotels in central locations.
- Admire Japan’s spectacular autumn leaves as you travel through Honshu, Japan’s main island.
- Travel with your guide and escort in comfort by train and private coach.
- Discover some of Japan’s most significant temples and gardens under a canopy of glorious autumn leaves.
- Stop at Himeji to admire Japan’s largest and most spectacular castle.
- Visit the Atomic Bomb Dome and Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima as well as the beautiful island of Miyajima to view the floating Torii gate.
- Wander around the charming mountain villages of Gokayama and Takayama.
- Appreciate the symmetry and majesty of Mt Fuji as you explore the resort town of Hakone.
- Take advantage of the extra free days to explore Osaka and Tokyo at leisure.
- Enjoy a range of dining options throughout the tour.